Linux RH 6.1 Zone Transfers to an NT box

lawrence.master at gecits.ge.com lawrence.master at gecits.ge.com
Tue Jan 4 19:39:31 UTC 2000

After building my Master name server with Linux RH 6.1, and qualifying the
named.conf with the line allow-transfer { x.x.x.x; }
to my NT (where x.x.x.x is the IP address of my NT Server), I get the error
message that the RPC server is unavailable when I try to add a secondary in
the DNS GUI under NT.

I already removed any non-RFC supported characters, like 8H, that NT did not
like.

If you do help, please forward the specific entries that I would need in the
named.conf or any other file, or in the *.dns files under
NT.

Thanks
g	GE Capital
                         Information Technology Solutions
	Lawrence Master			lawrence.master at gecits.ge.com
	Systems Engineer		                Phone 954-926-1200
	One Oakwood Plaza		Fax     954-920-0224
	Suite 120
	Hollywood, FL 33020