error message

Mark.Andrews at iengines.com Mark.Andrews at iengines.com
Mon Jan 3 23:11:37 UTC 2000

> In article <004101bf560d$ca9a59e0$5d0d3fd8 at taos>,
> Mark Miller <mmiller at unix.sprint.net> wrote:
> >I have never seen this error in /var/adm/messages before, what does it mean.
> >
> >Jan  3 11:07:53 felwithe named[162]: stale: impossible condition
>
> Stale() is the function that determines whether an RR is in a zone that has
> expired.  It contains a case statement that switches on the zone type, and
> it panics with that error message if none of the cases match.  However, I
> noticed that it doesn't have a case for the new "type forward" zone, so
> maybe this is causing the problem.

	You can't have records of type forward.

	If you are not running BIND 8.2.2-P5, upgrade to BIND 8.2.2-P5.

	If you are running BIND 8.2.2-P5, keep a copy of named.conf,
	named and the core produced and submit a bug report to
	bind-bugs at isc.org.

	Mark
--
Mark Andrews, Internet Engines Inc. / Internet Software Consortium
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at iengines.com