error message

Barry Margolin barmar at bbnplanet.com
Mon Jan 3 17:45:10 UTC 2000

In article <004101bf560d$ca9a59e0$5d0d3fd8 at taos>,
Mark Miller <mmiller at unix.sprint.net> wrote:
>I have never seen this error in /var/adm/messages before, what does it mean.
>
>Jan  3 11:07:53 felwithe named[162]: stale: impossible condition

Stale() is the function that determines whether an RR is in a zone that has
expired.  It contains a case statement that switches on the zone type, and
it panics with that error message if none of the cases match.  However, I
noticed that it doesn't have a case for the new "type forward" zone, so
maybe this is causing the problem.

Barry Margolin, barmar at bbnplanet.com