How do I host my own website??

James Stafford jamess55 at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 26 15:54:28 UTC 2000

J Odell wrote:

> > There really is a reason why V.A. Linux, which does nothing but install
> > Linux onto very good hardware and ship it out, had the highest single
> > day gain for any first day of issue for a single stock EVER.
>
> it's the dynamics of the current stock market, not a technical issue.  look
> where LNUX is now.  what does that mean?  just about any internet or techmed
> stock is spectacular.
>
> if the user is comfortable and familiar with the windows way, i would say
> that leveraging the experience already gained would be good advice.  he
> already has all he needs to do what he wants.  why complicate it with new
> hardware and a very different way of doing things?
>
> i think your advice is bad advice.  you didn't even address the issue of the
> disparate file systems that you would need to do for full integration.

Sorry but I couldn't resist this. Why was when Windows 2000 came out a
few days ago the stock market went down? According to the news report
investors feared, Win2000 was not ready for release, it cost to much,
and ect.

just wondering,

jamess

--
"On the side of the software box, in the 'System Requirements' section,
it said 'Requires Windows 95 or better'. So I installed Linux."

-Anonymous