DNS notify

Shane Wegner shane at cm.nu
Fri Feb 25 07:41:29 UTC 2000

Hi,

I have a rather non-standard DNS setup and am looking for some help.  My
unpublished primary DNS server has a semi-static IP.  A secondary server
which I have access to is a slave to the semi-static primary.  There are
several server which get their data from the static secondary.

The problem I'm having is this.  When the zone changes on the unpublish
primary, it notifies the secondary server ok.  However, since the secondary
is configured as a slave, it doesn't send notify requests to its downlink
servers.  Is there any way to force the seconary to notify a list of servers
when the zone changes?  You can do it with a master server it seems but I
can't figure out how to do it with a slave.

bind 8.2.2 patchlevel 5.

Regards,
Shane

Shane Wegner: shane at cm.nu
Personal website: http://www.cm.nu/~shane	Fax: (604) 930-0529
PGP: keyid:       2048/1C0FFA59			ICQ UIN: 120000
     Fingerprint: C6 5F B3 85 0B 11 30 F3
                  52 89 0C 6C 49 08 94 7B

-- Attached file included as plaintext by Listar --