running 2 instances of named?

Joakim Schramm joakim at humanet.se
Mon Feb 21 21:39:48 UTC 2000

Huu, you mean just have 2 identical zonefiles, just differ the domain
name? I know this can be done, but what about the
0.0.0.127.in-addr-arpa. zone file? Can I list records for both domains
there, A and/or NS?

I've got into my mind that this zonefile in some reflect the FQDN of the
box, but I might got that wrong.

What I want is simply this: now all my virtual domains have their
pointer to ns.currdomain.com on ip 1.2.3.4 and I will change their
pointer to ns.newdomain.com on ip 1.2.3.4 (all fictive data ofcause),
but need to have the new ns up before so change can take place smoothly
without disturbance for the virtual domain owners. The currdomain.com
will then "retire" as ns, but continue live as an ordinary virtual
domain, just serving web and mail for that domain.

/Joakim