Secondary Server

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Mon Feb 7 20:23:34 UTC 2000

Shashee Dahal wrote:

> Dear All !
>
>         I apologise if this is not  the apporopriate group.
> My zone files created in the primary nameserver are not automatically
> created in my secondary nameserver or updated either.
> Is something wrong. ? or I should introduce some software.
> I am using bind 8  redhat linux
> Any help will be apprepriated.

Does your intended slave server actually have a "slave" definition for
the zone?

Have you reloaded/restarted your slave's name server after you added the
definition to named.conf?

Is there anything in your logs to indicate why the named.conf definition
is being ignored or why the transfer is failing?

- Kevin