classless delegation

Jim Pazarena bind at ccstores.com
Sat Dec 30 18:52:26 UTC 2000

My upstream provider has provided me a full class-'C'.
They have asked me the name & IP of the server(s) I will use for
DNS so as to setup the authority records for my /24 area.

If I create an additional DNS machine will it *not* be authoritative
unless I advise my Upstream provider? IOW is my "authority" specific
to how my provider has setup _their_ DNS?

Along the same theme, can I create a master DNS server IP other than what
my provider has setup, and simply make the slave servers match my
provider's settings?

Jim Pazarena     mailto:paz at ccstores.com