How do i ...insert addresses?

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Thu Dec 14 14:55:38 UTC 2000

On Thu, Dec 14, 2000 at 07:19:02PM +0500, simmen : wrote:
> i just wanted to know that if i want to insert the addresses of
> popular sites like yahoo,hotmail,netaddress,cnn etc.. in my dns
> hoe do i do that and where do i put them..?

DNS is a "distributed database".  If your DNS server is set up
correctly, then when you ask it for these addresses, then it will go
out and get them for you.  If you try to make local copies, then when
they get updated at the source, they will NOT be updated locally, and
you will be SOL [Sorry Out of Luck].

What advantage did you think you would have by keeping them locally?
Were you thinking of making them part of one of your local domains?

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B