forwarder crashing and DNS not caching properly -Urgent help needed

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Sat Dec 9 03:54:06 UTC 2000

		Upgrade to BIND 8.2.3-T9B.  You can either build from source or get
  the latest binaries from Len Conrad's site at URL:
http://bind8nt.meiway.com/download.cfm

	The BIND 8.2.3-T9B kit is almost at the bottom of the page.

	I don't know what's wrong with your particular installation, but I can
tell you
  that so many bugs got fixed in the NT build it would be impossible to tell
  if the particular problem has been fixed. I wouldn't even attempt to
figure this
  out on 8.2.2.  While the T9B kit is still beta software is much, much better
  than any of the 8.2.2 builds on NT.

		If after you install BIND 8.2.3-T9B you still have problems, post another
  message with more details about what the crashes say and what's in the
  event log.  Also include the named.conf file.  I doubt that this has
anything
  to do with caching.

			Danny