Temporary dns on a Partitioned Network

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Thu Dec 7 00:33:37 UTC 2000

Well, it's not really "hung up" if it can still resolve queries. And
either it's in daemon mode or it isn't; there isn't any such thing as
being "partially" in daemon mode. Also, the order in which you arrange
"zone" definitions in named.conf isn't particularly important; in my
named.conf files, for instance, the root zone that is supposedly "the
very last part of every named.conf file" is, by my personal preference,
actually the *first* zone definition in the file, and this doesn't cause
any problems whatsoever.

To solve your problem requires specifics:

What does your named.conf look like? (Hopefully you have master
definitions for all of those domains you delegated from the root zone.)
Did you set "min-roots 1" like I suggested?

What's in your logs?

- Kevin