how much effect of memory on performance of bind?

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Wed Dec 6 22:26:26 UTC 2000

On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 02:13:11PM +0200, Cihan Subasi (Garanti Teknoloji) wrote:
> 	I have 2 AIX, one is master one is slave but I am having performance
> (quick response) problem on the slave one, the only two differences are
> slave is bind8 and 64M memory...Master is Bind4 and 384M memory....Any
> comment?

Upgrade to BIND 8.2.2-P7 on both, and upgrade as much as you can on
memory on the slave.  The 'named' process can be very memory-intensive,
depending on its use.  The formulae have been given many times on this
mailing list, but I don't remember them, and they are only
approximations anyway.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B