NSLookup for Newbie

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Mon Aug 28 17:50:33 UTC 2000

nslookup is stupid and will abort if it cannot reverse-resolve the
nameserver's address. In this case, apparently you have not set up the
1.0.0.127.in-addr.arpa zone, so nslookup fails.

Real DNS troubleshooting utilities like "dig" don't have this
reverse-resolution "feature" -- they work whether the nameserver's
address is resolvable or not.

- Kevin