Renaming BIND 9 ????? [WAS: Re: bind vs djbdns]

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Thu Aug 24 23:18:44 UTC 2000

On Thu, Aug 24, 2000 at 03:03:36PM -0700, Bill Manning wrote:
> 	"We now open the discussion on whether bindv9 can honestly
> 	be called Bind, since all the Berkeley code has been excised..." :)

Should we continue to call this country America, even though Mr.
Vespucci died a few years ago?  Should I continue to be a Yao, even
though the original sage-emperors' dust is scattered to the winds?

What would you suggest?  ISCIND?  NIND?  IND?  ND?

;->

Can we now consider this discussion CLOSED?  [Unless Paul Vixie, Mark
Andrews, Tom Limoncelli, Robert Elz, or any of the many other people
who had been working on BIND since forever want to throw in their $2
worth.]

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B