Logging

Mikael Forsberg mikaelforsberg at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 23 13:14:17 UTC 2000

Hi,

I'm running 8.2.2p5 on NT and are using logging.

If I interpreted the book (p152) right, this will give me
20 logs that should stop logging when all files are full.

logging{
channel my_file {
  file "log.msgs" version 20 size 100k;
  severity dynamic;
};
};

I got log.msgs which is copied to log.msgs.0 when its reaches 100k.
This works for all 20 logs but the logging does not stop to
log.msgs when all logs are full, so I end up with 20 100k logs
and log.msgs that grows forever.

The logging stops when I send a stop signal, but named still has the
log.msgs file open so I'm not able to delete it without first
stopping named.

1) Shall the logging not stop when all files are full?

2) Shall named not close the log.msgs when it stops logging?

Regards

Mikael