SV: new dns admin

Johnny Damtoft JOD at sonofon.dk
Sat Aug 26 23:29:10 UTC 2000

Hi Morgan.

Its mutch easyer if you tell us the real domain.

If each subdomain has its own admin, is that like each DNS server ?

If so, you can make an NS Record for every subdomain, and point it to the
DNS Server.

Your primary server for:  domain.com

10 subdomains with each DNS Server (Or several subs on one server)
sub.domain.com

This is how it should look like on the auth for domain.com. (Something like
it) :)

domain.com.	IN	NS	dns1.domain.com.
domain.com.	IN	NS	dns2.domain.com.

sub1.domain.com.	IN	NS	dns1.sub1.domain.com.
sub1.domain.com.	IN	NS	dns2.sub1.domain.com.
dns1.sub1.domain.com.	IN	A	10.10.10.1
dns2.sub1.domain.com.	IN	A	10.10.10.2

sub2.domain.com.	IN	NS	dns1.sub2.domain.com.
sub2.domain.com.	IN	NS	dns2.sub2.domain.com.
dns1.sub2.domain.com.	IN	A	10.10.20.1
dns2.sub2.domain.com.	IN	A	10.10.20.2

sub3.domain.com.	IN	NS	dns1.sub3.domain.com.
sub3.domain.com.	IN	NS	dns2.sub3.domain.com.
dns1.sub3.domain.com.	IN	A	10.10.30.1
dns2.sub3.domain.com.	IN	A	10.10.30.2
sub4.domain.com.	IN	NS	dns1.sub4.domain.com.
sub4.domain.com.	IN	NS	dns2.sub4.domain.com.
dns1.sub4.domain.com.	IN	A	10.10.30.1
dns2.sub4.domain.com.	IN	A	10.10.30.2

And so on :)

Med venlig hilsen  /  Best regards

             Johnny Damtoft - jod at sonofon.dk
             UNIX Systemadministrator - DNS Admin

             SONOFON A/S
             Skelagervej 1
             9100 Aalborg
             Denmark
Tel:         +45 7212 1212

Direct:      +45 7212 7632
Fax:         +45 7212 7989 - Att: Johnny Damtoft (JOD)

Microsoft:   "where do you want to go today?"
Linux:       "where do you want to go tomorrow?"
BSD/UNIX:    "are you guys coming, or what?"