what does this mean?

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Fri Aug 18 23:32:37 UTC 2000

It's a referral to the root servers. Apparently ns1.granitecanyon.com
didn't happen to have any A or referral records for
"neighborhood-news.com" in its cache, and it doesn't support recursion.

Why don't you send this query to a nameserver that supports recursion,
or, better yet, running a caching nameserver yourself so you don't have
to lunch off other people's resources?

Incidentally, no A record for neighborhood-news.com appears to exist in
the Internet DNS at this time.

- Kevin