what does this mean?

Mark Maggelet maggelet at mminternet.com
Fri Aug 18 21:08:52 UTC 2000

This dns stuff is almost impossible to debug due to the fact that=
 you
have to wait a full day to see your changes. Not good for
trial-and-error style people like me.

Anyway, I'm hoping someone can tell me what it means when you get=
response like this:

nslookup -type=3DA neighborhood-news.com NS1.GRANITECANYON.COM
Server:  ns1.granitecanyon.com
Address:  205.166.226.38

Name:    neighborhood-news.com.localdomain
Served by:
- K.ROOT-SERVERS.NET
          193.0.14.129

- L.ROOT-SERVERS.NET
          198.32.64.12

- M.ROOT-SERVERS.NET
          202.12.27.33

- I.ROOT-SERVERS.NET
          192.36.148.17

- E.ROOT-SERVERS.NET
          192.203.230.10

- D.ROOT-SERVERS.NET
          128.8.10.90

- A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET
          198.41.0.4

- H.ROOT-SERVERS.NET
          128.63.2.53

- C.ROOT-SERVERS.NET
          192.33.4.12

- G.ROOT-SERVERS.NET
          192.112.36.4

why does it say server by... and all those root servers? does=
 this
mean that it can't find the domain? I'm using granitecanyon for a=

bunch of different domains, but this one is giving me a headache=
 for
some reason.

any help much appreciated.

- Mark