Still in the dark ! Could you give me just a short feedback ?

Daniel Pope daniel-p at direct.ca
Thu Aug 17 13:49:22 UTC 2000

Hello,
This is just a trivial question,I guess.
I'm still at the stage of testing locally my DNS settings. My new zone is loaded properly (I checked the log file) and I can query directly and indirectly (by IP) with my nslookup any server in the world.
My  problem is : I cannot resolve (locally) with nslookup my new domain name UNLESS I add explicitely an A record like this:

mydomainname.com.   IN   A   IP ADDRESS

I didn't see in any  documentation  the need of such a record and I'm   I'm guessing that forcing an IP Address with an A record  is wrong and probably I have some bugs  since I need to assign  explicitely my IP address to the domain with an A record.

 Please tell me if I'm wrong or not ?

Any help would be greatly appreciately