Strange Zone Errors :(

Kadre, Da da.kadre at am.sony.com
Wed Aug 9 21:45:37 UTC 2000

Hi,

Our issue is some remote nameservers succesfully query our locally hosted
zones, and then the same ones do not succesfully query our zones.
Dig from some remote nameservers (CROCODILE.ebay.com) about our zones works,
and then dig from other nameservers (BINDER.FW-BC.sony.com) about our zones
returns errors.
NSLOOKUP returns the error :"BINDER.FW-BC.sony.com can't find
www.murshid.org: Non-existent host/domain"

Someone please help.. :)

I just learned how to implement (or so I think) dns on Linux, and I think
everything is correct so far as I can tell.
The tech specs are: named 8.2.2-P5 running on RedHat 6.2 intel machine.

Our nameservers are dns1.worldevolution.net (216.120.85.5) and
dns2.worldevolution.net (216.120.85.6).
 Some DNS zones we host are: worldevolution.net,tsisom.com,
quantumhealing.com, kundalini-krysti.com

Example of dig error:
dig @BINDER.FW-BC.sony.com tsisom.com

; <<>> DiG 8.2 <<>> @BINDER.FW-BC.sony.com tsisom.com
; (1 server found)
;; got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 6
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0
;; QUERY SECTION:
;;      tsisom.com, type = A, class = IN

;; Total query time: 138 msec
;; FROM: stargate.worldevolution.net to SERVER: BINDER.FW-BC.sony.com
198.83.177.12
;; WHEN: Wed Aug  9 14:41:26 2000
;; MSG SIZE  sent: 28  rcvd: 28

Example of good dig:
dig @CROCODILE.ebay.com tsisom.com

; <<>> DiG 8.2 <<>> @CROCODILE.ebay.com tsisom.com
; (1 server found)
;; got answer:
;; flags: qr aa rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 2, ADDITIONAL: 2
;; QUERY SECTION:
;;      tsisom.com, type = A, class = IN

;; ANSWER SECTION:
tsisom.com.             4D IN A         216.120.85.18

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
tsisom.com.             4D IN NS        yoda.worldevolution.net.
tsisom.com.             4D IN NS        stargate.worldevolution.net.

;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
yoda.worldevolution.net.  4D IN A  216.120.85.5
stargate.worldevolution.net.  4D IN A  216.120.85.6

;; Total query time: 162 msec
;; FROM: stargate.worldevolution.net to SERVER: CROCODILE.ebay.com
216.32.120.21
;; WHEN: Wed Aug  9 14:44:29 2000
;; MSG SIZE  sent: 28  rcvd: 136

> Da M. Kadre
> Sony Technology Center, ISSA
> Rancho Bernardo, Ca
> (858) 942-9999

"A clay pot sitting in the sun will always be a clay pot. It has to go
through the white heat of the furnace to become porcelain."
--Mildred W. Struven