How to disable record listing ?

Tal Dayan tal at zapta.com
Sat Aug 5 15:48:36 UTC 2000

> The same way it helps anyone else who wants to keep private DNS data
> away from prying eyes. The original poster didn't explain why they had
> sensitive data in the public DNS so maybe split DNS will work for
> them, maybe not. Who knows?

Each data item (that is a single host name) is public information since
anybody on the net is welcome to use it and connect to that server. However,
the *aggregation* of  all the hosts have value to our customers and we want
make it not that trivial to get it.

This is similar to the problem of retrieving the list of all domain names
in the internet. You can query one at a time but getting the entire list
is not that easy.

Tal