one IP address two domains - aliases?

phuoc99 at my-deja.com phuoc99 at my-deja.com
Wed Apr 26 09:30:01 UTC 2000

Barry,

Many thanks for your advices, I finaly make it works, by simply adding
an A record to the first domain.
The archive I looked for was comp.protocols.dns.bind but
comp.protocols.tcp-ip.domains that has more concerned subjects.

Cheers

Phuoc

In article <9LkN4.39$my3.816 at burlma1-snr2>,
  Barry Margolin <barmar at genuity.net> wrote:
> In article <8e4fpl$e4q$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>,  <phuoc99 at my-deja.com>
wrote:
> >After reading the archive and not finding the answer of my 'simple'
> >problem as I'm newbie and try it for the first time. Please:
>
> This question gets asked at least once a week in this group and
> comp.protocols.tcp-ip.domains.
>
> >How can I assign 2 registered domain names with 1 IP address? It's
> >possible I know, even up to 4 !(I've read somewhere in archives) I
own
> >Slackware.
>
> All you should need to do is enter different A records with the same
IP
> address.
>

> >After configuring my DNS, I wanted to register the second the domain
> >but got the following answers from the domain name registration:
> >
> >Error: When queried for the SOA of zone SecondDomain.ch, MyServerName
> >[193.xx.xxx.xxx] replied with 2 responses (instead of exactly one).
>
> This doesn't sound like it has anything to do with using the same IP
> address.  It's a problem with the SOA records.
>
> There didn't seem to be anything obviously wrong in the zone file
excerpts
> you sent.  But since they were obviously not the real zone files, that
> doesn't mean anything.  We can't help you troubleshoot this unless
you tell
> us the real domains and servers.
>
> --
> Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
> Genuity, Burlington, MA
> *** DON'T SEND TECHNICAL QUESTIONS DIRECTLY TO ME, post them to
newsgroups.
> Please DON'T copy followups to me -- I'll assume it wasn't posted to
the group.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.