zone transfer tiemout

Tun _ tun_ at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 25 13:17:17 UTC 2000

Hi,

I am having a strange problem with my name server.  This name server is
primary and slave for a number of zones.  Out of the slave zones, a few of
them are getting below error messages.  Those slaves have the same primary
DNS server. Other than below error my name server is working properly for
its primary and other slave zones.

zone transfer timeout for "domainname.com"; pid 12345 killed
named-xfer "domainname.com" exited with signal 15.

The strange part is that the slave zones that are getting error are still
resolving on my name server. So it tells me that it is getting cache info
from primary but the backup db files are not getting updated because above
error.

I have two questions:
1. Since my named appear to be functioning, what could have cause this
problem.  (maybe some traffic are being bloack on the network?)

2. How can I turn-on a higher level of logging for named-xfer process?  I am
hoping that it might give me more info to trouble shoot.

TIA,
Tun