Possible odd question , ?

Tony Earnshaw tonye at ilion.nl
Mon Apr 24 12:52:01 UTC 2000

"Richard F. Jr." wrote:

> Can I use my DNS Server to modify my* record on my ISP's Server ?
> I have a Domain that I serve off my own web server, but my ISP does the DNS
> for me, the trouble is they will charge me if I need any thing done to the
> record...

The short answer is 'no'. Arrange with your ISP to have your own
nameserver registered as primary for your domain and his as secondary.
This will probably cost you money, but it's a one-time shellout;
afterwards, the secondary nameserver records will be updated
automatically from your primary nameserver.

If he won't do this, my own immediate response would be to get a new
ISP.

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw