RR for win2k

Stephens, Bill Bill.Stephens at fritolay.com
Thu Apr 20 11:38:54 UTC 2000

	Windows 2000 DNS allows the use of the "_" character, and uses it
for its dynamic SRV records.  Some clients will not allow you to query an
invalid name.  For example nslookup under OS/2 (I know dead os) will not
lookup invalid hostnames, unless you add a norfc1123 record in the resolver
file.  Also, he has stated that he used the warn statement in his DNS, this
should allow his DNS to host the invalid names.

	-Bill Stephens

	Joseph S D Yao <jsdy at cospo.osis.gov>
	04/19/2000 09:11 PM