Ancient BIND version?

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Tue Apr 11 20:25:17 UTC 2000

In article <38F38785.E7755DAC at daimlerchrysler.com>,
Kevin Darcy  <kcd at daimlerchrysler.com> wrote:
>We appear to have a _bona_fide_ relic on our hands, friends. Maybe the
>binary can be donated to the Smithsonian.

Hardly.  He's running the version of named that was bundled with SunOS 4.x,
and even early Solaris 2.x releases.  I'll bet there are hundreds, maybe
thousands, of sites on the Internet that haven't bothered to upgrade their
servers beyond this.

Believe it or not, there are many places that don't upgrade systems that
seem to be working OK.  They're probably also running the SunOS 4.x version
of sendmail, I'll bet.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA