bind 8.2.1

Robin Bowes robin.bowes at eoc.org.uk
Mon Sep 27 10:59:37 UTC 1999

Barry Margolin <barmar at bbnplanet.com> wrote in message
news:G1SG3.179$854.5692 at burlma1-snr2...
> I agree that the documentation is not very helpful in this regard.  But a
> quick deja.com search of the newsgroup would have found those answers.  I
> think it was also answered in the proto-FAQ that was posted last week.

Exactly.

I could operate without Deja News - it is very rare that I can't find the
answers to any of my queries in this way.

A quick search on Deja News in the c.p.d.b group using the text of the error
message ("No default TTL set using SOA minimum instead") returns over 500
matches.  One of these is indeed the proto-FAQ.

Folk need to get into the habit of looking in this way before posting
questions.  Apart from being better netiquette, it's much quicker!

Barry, perhaps you need to modify your .sig ?

I've suggested something suitable below.  <g>

R.

> Barry Margolin, barmar at bbnplanet.com
> GTE Internetworking, Powered by BBN, Burlington, MA
> *** DON'T SEND TECHNICAL QUESTIONS DIRECTLY TO ME,
Try searching at http://www.deja.com/home_ps.html.
If you're still stuck, DON'T SEND TECHNICAL QUESTIONS DIRECTLY TO ME, post
them to newsgroups.