bind 8.2.1

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Fri Sep 24 21:46:43 UTC 1999

> Why are people getting so hot under the collar about this?  I feel somehow
> like you people are shooting the messenger here.  I made what I thought was
> a reasonable comment: If lots of people have problems with the same thing,
> perhaps that specific problem could be addressed in the documentation.  If
> nothing else, that might reduce the frequency of these requests posted to
> the list.

Only a couple of people are getting annoyed, but of course they're the
ones who are responding.  Life's like that.  For the record, I agree
that it should have been a lot better documented.  E.g., documented.
But I also agree with Kevin that this little change didn't require a
major version number change - everything is still backwards compatible;
it just gives you a little noodge to find out what the "new" format
should be.

As you did.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B