Have to allow AXFR from oldns3.granitecanyon.com? Was-Re: soa.granitecanyon.com down?

kcary at my-deja.com kcary at my-deja.com
Thu Sep 23 06:31:33 UTC 1999

First off, thanks to Steve and the rest of the cats at The Public DNS.
The service seems unique in all the world. From being in systems
administration myself, I'm guessing there are some thankless and
thoughtless experiences in spite of this being a voluntary effort...so I
add my thanks to that of many others, I'm sure.

In article <199909220819.CAA11664 at thera.senator.org>,
  "Steve Senator" <sts at senator.net> wrote:
...snip...
>  > Do I need to allow transfers by oldns3 (short term/long term)?
>
> Yes. for the short term.

Second, the other server that wants a zone transfer pretty regularly (but
neither of them since the 20th) is:

 Name:    silk.ppp.frii.net
 Address:  216.17.134.249

My guess is that this is also a Public DNS helper and it should be
allowed to AXFR, too. Can anyone out there (give Steve a break) using
granitecanyon servers for DNS confirm that for me?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/