Trying to set BIND up on a server with no Authority for itself....

Chris chris at kingston.net
Wed Sep 22 16:30:34 UTC 1999

Using Bind 8.x on Slackware 4.0

I am trying to set BIND up on a server whose DNS is controled by another DNS
Server. My server is a registered Host with InterNic.

I need to be authoritive for every domain that I have pointed to my server,
whoever, I cannot move DNS that controls my server, as I am running on DHCP,
and although my IP is fairly static,  may need to be changed.

With that said, here is the problem:

Not sure how to set up a new domain for DNS resolution without setting up my
NS Server for itself first. I personally don't care about "mydomain.com" and
DNS, but am concerned with "clinetdomain.com" which needs to be run off
"NS.mydomain.com", my own server. I currently have a HOST file for my own
personal domain infi, but that doesn't help my use DNS for the
"clientdomain" which isn't related to me except that I am authoritive for
the domain.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks.

ChriS