BIND - how predominant?

Michael Milligan milli at acmebw.com
Fri Sep 17 20:32:13 UTC 1999

>>And how many zones do you have?  1 with 10 records?  :-)
>>
>>Regards,
>>Mike

>I fail to see the need for the snide remark....!  However, to answer your
>question,  I have about 40 zones pointing to about 90 IP addresses.   I run
>a primary with two secondaries.

That answers my question.

>Has your experience been less that good?  How did you configure it?  What
>version of NT? How long ago?

Experience has been less than good.  However, the latest MS-DNS complete
rewrite (3rd, I believe) is not bad, same for that in W2K (i.e., it works
okay under load).  But the GUI on top of it is still utterly inefficient for
maintaining zones with any significant number of records.  Hence my snide
remark.  Please excuse me, I sometimes can't stop myself.

Regards,
Mike

Michael Milligan - Acme Byte & Wire LLC - milli at acmebw.com