Newbie (Probably Typical) Question...

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Wed Sep 8 22:21:04 UTC 1999

	Lee,
	     you didn't tell us which version of BIND 8 you are attempting
	to run.  In the earlier versions of BIND 8.x ndc was silent unless
	you turned on tracing.  There were also implementation errors w.r.t
	ndc in the server.  If you are not running BIND 8.2.1 or BIND
	8.2.2-T3B I would upgrade and try again.

	Mark

	P.S. interesting handle

PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: marka at isc.org