soa.granitecanyon.com down?

Bill wwebb at advdata.net
Wed Sep 8 11:52:09 UTC 1999

I've also noticed that even though I'm receiving confirmation from the
granitecanyon server that a zone change has been entered and even though
on its status update page it shows "last ns1 reload: 09/08/99 12:53:17
AM" that the zone isn't really updated.  Is this because NS2 is not
operational or ???

Also, granitecanyon automatically inserts a SOA in zone files such as:

6H              ; refresh
3H              ; retry
1W              ; expiry
12H )           ; minimum

If secondaries other than NS2.granitecanyon.com are listed in a zone and
NS1 also goes out of order as its done recently, how long will the other
secondary NS continue to provide information, 12 hours or ... ?

Thanks, Bill Webb