NS and recursive? query

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Tue Sep 7 22:03:23 UTC 1999

> I want all queries coming to server1 to be asked on server 2 immidiatly.

Can't do it.

> Having it a secondary would make it so if I changed a RR on server 2 it
> would have to wait until it detected the zone had been changed. Maybe a
> NOTIFY to server 1 from server2 when server2 changes the dns? This will
> trigger server 1 to do an immidiate zone transfer right?

NOTIFYs should help.

The whole "primary" / "secondary" labeling was never meant to imply
this kind of stuff.  The "master" [was "primary"] is simply the server
from which the "slave" ["secondary"] machine does a transfer of all new
zone information.  Nothing else.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B