Setting up a Root name server

chris chris at megabytecoffee.com
Fri Sep 3 21:57:10 UTC 1999

Jim Reid wrote:

> This is utter nonsense.
>
> First of all, whether it takes 40ms or 2ms to answer a query is, to
> all intents and purposes, irrelevant. It might matter if you're
> running www.altavista.com and getting millions of hits a day, but this
> is not a typical site. Once a query is answered, the application has

FYI, I'm 99% sure that the company that I work for supports a lot more
trafic then altavista. And a lot more hits per second. I would love to
discuss some of the sites we have with you, but I realy don't think that
would be in the best interest of our clients. To give you some idea, at
the present moment, I belive we have about 250k IP address. This is not
for some "site" this is for a large ISP.