found the ANSWER!

mhenderson mhenderson at jcai.com
Mon Oct 25 19:19:52 UTC 1999

both myself and my friends upstairs at HP solved this, myself via the zone
file, them via the GUI.

"my answer"
i went to \winnt\system32\dns and opened up the zone file for
secured-registration.com.dns and noticed the following entry:

@   IN    A   207.159.138.14

i then opened up secured-registrations.com.dns and noted that there wasn't
such an entry, so i added:

@   IN    A  207.159.138.21

stopped/restarted dns and it worked.  it also added an A entry for
secured-registrations.com (note the exquisite ".com" there.)

"HP friends' way"

same thing, just through the gui:

created new zone - called it secured-registrations.com, which then created
associated dns file secured-registrations.com.dns.
added A record alias name "www" to "207.159.138.21"
added second A record with NO ALIAS name, but just the ip address, which
then added "secured-registrations.com" with the properties of being part of
the "com" domain.

in checking the secured-registrations.com.dns file, it also added that @
record i mentioned.

thanks for all your time, patience, and help by the way.

~m
news:7ur528$f9o$1 at nnrp02.primenet.com...