nslookup always said Default Server IP as 0.0.0.0

Preiz mylife at hongkong.com
Sat Oct 23 02:19:05 UTC 1999

Hi, I am new to networking and linux.  Could someone help me on resolving
host or IP issues.  I am using local /etc/hosts file to resolve the IP and
hostname mapping.  When I issue "nslookup", it displays my hostname as
default server but with IP 0.0.0.0.

I have already changed the /etc/nsswitch.conf to look at the files first,
then dns.  I have already checked that /etc/HOSTNAME is correctly filled
with my hostname.  I have also remove the /etc/resolv.conf file as I am not
using DNS to resolve.  I have vertified my IP is correct configure by
"ifconfig eth0".  I even stopped the "named process by
/etc/rc.d/init.d/named stop.  I can actually ping my IP and host address
from other host, I am able to access the server from other host.

Am I missing something.  Please help as I get stuck with this for 2 weeks.
Thanks very much in advance.

Best regards,
Preiz