Forcing zone transfers

Tony Da Silva tony at idws.com
Mon Oct 25 10:23:36 UTC 1999

Hi All,

I have a BIND 8 server and NT4 dns server which is the secondary.

How can I make the BIND 8 server transfer the new zone info to the NT server when it has been added - currently the NT only receives the INFO after approx 3 hours as per the times in the zone files. But I would like it if initially one can issue a command on the BIND machine which would forward the new info to the NT machine.

Any help will be appreciated.

PS: Cricket - thanx for the help about the PTR records. :-)

Regards
Tony