check version

Ralf Hildebrandt R.Hildebrandt at tu-bs.de
Wed Oct 20 08:15:32 UTC 1999

Am 19.10.1999 um 22:35:44 +0200 schrieb Stephan folgendes:
> how can i check which version of dns is running on my system??
Kill and restart named and look into the syslog. Or use strings on the
binary.

> i use hp-ux 10.20

10.20 comes with BIND-4.9.3

> which version is secure??

HP provides a patch up to 4.9.7 which is "secure".
But HP also offers BIND-8.1.2 for free on
http://www.software.hp.com/products/DNS_BIND/index.html

I'm running 8.2.2 right now. Since my patches were applied, it now
works right out-of-the-box.

--
Ralf Hildebrandt <R.Hildebrandt at tu-bs.de> www.stahl.bau.tu-bs.de/~hildeb
May's Law: The quality of correlation is inversly proportional to the