WARNING: Virus active in this group

Rodney Joffe rjoffe at centergate.com
Fri Oct 15 18:05:41 UTC 1999

Hello,

I received the attached email after posting to this list via email (i.e.
*not through the newsgroup*) from Vinod Kumar.

The payload, zipped_files.exe is rather nasty, in that it deletes a
group of file types, and acts as a trojan and worm by remailing itself
to every address it can find on the infected system (similar to
Melissa). The format, apparently, is exactly as follows. More details
can be found at
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/worm.explore.zip.html.

I have emailed Vinod directly, but thought the email users of the list
who use Win98 or NT should be aware.

--
Rodney Joffe
CenterGate Research Group, LLC.