More questions on DNS

Yves Leclerc yleclerc at destratek.ca
Fri Oct 1 16:03:13 UTC 1999

I am setting up a UNIX server which acts as my DHCP server.  I am using the
address group 192.168.0.x for my internal networking and I am setting up DNS
on the same server.

I now have two other questions:

1)  I have been setting up an internal DNS and I used the same domain as my
www domain.  I do not host my www domain and thus I am not able to 'ping'
my www site.  I get "unknown host".  I am using "192.168.0.x" for my
internal host and it is not the same address group as my www domain.  Is
there a way I could correct this????

2) I am using an internet sharing device, which has its own TCP/IP address.
I am able to get addresses of external internet servers (i.e.: www.sco.com)
but I cannot successfully 'ping'  the site.  I lose all the ping packets (in
UNIX) or Request timed out (in Windows 98 -- DOS ping).  How can I fix this?

Any help can and will be greatly appreciated!!!

Yves Leclerc
Maysys Consulting Inc.