Help!! How do i configure "selective forwarding"

Roger.Ewert at ica.se Roger.Ewert at ica.se
Thu Nov 11 11:52:19 UTC 1999

Hi, i have problem with "selective forwarding".

What do i want to do?

I want to configure bind 8.2.2-pathlevel 3 so that i can seletive forward
different domain request
from a workstation to a specific DNS.

If i am in the domain xx.yy.com (internal network only) and i asks for a
domain address
"host1.ee.mm.com" ( ee.mm.com is another different domain in my internal
network, no subdomain)
then my DNS will look at "ee.mm.com" and know to forward the request to the
specified DNS host
which i have configure in my namned.conf file.

This is how my named.conf file looks right now, but it doesn´t work for me.

options {
        directory "/var/named";
};
zone "." {
        type hint;
        file "named.ca";
};
zone "xx.yy.com" {
                type master;
                file "xx.yy.com.db";
};
zone "4.100.10.in-addr.arpa" {
                type master;
                file "10.100.4.rev";
};
zone "ee.mm.com" {
                type forward;
                forward only;
                forwarders { 10.128.1.7; };
};
zone "ss.no" {
                type forward;
                forward only;
                forwarders { 10.222.1.7; };
};

Can anyone give me an hint on how to configure this????