Valid Serial and Expire?

Ingo Luetkebohle ingo at devconsult.de
Wed Nov 3 19:51:44 UTC 1999

On Wed, 3 Nov 1999, Barry Margolin wrote:
> In article <381fd47f at news.cadvision.com>, M & J <mhutch at cadvision.com> wrote:
> > 1999110201 ; serial
> >                        8 ; refresh
> >                        2 ; retry
> >                        1 ; expire
> >                        1 ; default_ttl
> >
> >Is this a valid set of records?  I updated the serial to today.  The problem
> >I am experiencing this that the world can no longer see to my name server.
> All the timeouts are awfully low.  You realize they're expressed in
> seconds, don't you?

btw, there is a RIPE (European equivalent of ARIN) recommendation for SOA
values. It might be helpful for newcomers, as all the choices are discussed
extensively. The URL is

	http://www.ripe.net/docs/ripe-203.html

HTH

--
		Ingo Luetkebohle / 21st Century Digital Boy
dev/consulting Gesellschaft fuer Netzwerkentwicklung und -beratung mbH