Linux box as secondary dns server

Doug Snowden dsnowden at ncdc.noaa.gov
Wed Jun 23 12:40:36 UTC 1999

I am new to all of this, so forgive me if this is obvious to all. We
have
an AIX machine running dns for our site. We don't have a secondary
dns server, but would like to set up a Linux box running Redhat to be
secondary at first and then once we are satisfied it works, make it
primary - and then put another Linux box as secondary server.

1. How can I tell what version of bind I'm running on an AIX machine?

2. Does the version of bind on the AIX machine have to be compatible
    with the Linux box?

3. Any web sites out there that give a nuts and bolts description of how

    to do what I want to?

Thanks,
Doug