More BIND 4.9.2 to BIND 8.2 problems

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Wed Jun 16 21:22:43 UTC 1999

> 1) My syslog shows a "no default TTL" error for each zone as it loads.  Then
> I get a "using SOA minimum" for the each zone.

Trivial problem [and FAQ].  The semantics have changed slightly.  Put a
	$TTL	last-number-in-SOA
in BEFORE the SOA record.  This will set the default TTL for all
records to be what it used to be before the change.

> 2) And, once all my zones are loaded, my "root" zone "jps.net" will not
> resolve to authoritative look ups.

Once the above error messages are eliminated, you may see what error
messages are appearing for this domain that you are overlooking.  ;-)

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B