how to allow domain.com as well as www.domain.com ?

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Wed Jun 16 00:28:27 UTC 1999

	The person obviously is using domain.com as an example but
	all domains immediately under com are delegated.  What you
	suggested will not work if domain.com is delegated as it will
	have NS and SOA records so you cannot put a CNAME record there
	as well.

	I was just trying to save the guy from breaking his nameservice
	by adding a CNAME record where it is not allowed to be.  I have
	see this error happen too many times not to quash bad advice
	fast.

	Just try adding "cisco.com IN CNAME www.cisco.com" and see the
	fun it causes.

	Mark