can't find 'change directory' in V8

Cricket Liu cricket at acmebw.com
Sun Jun 13 17:46:33 UTC 1999

<billw1955 at my-deja.com> wrote in message
news:<7jdqsl$tpa$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>...
> No 'change directory' mechanism is obvious to me in V8. The directory
> substatement of the options statement won't solve the problem - only the
> first occurrence of option is parsed - nor have I found a symbol
> substitution mechanism. All I can see to do is to fill my hierarchy of
> (now) named.confs full of absolute pathnames for zone files and I find
> that very ugly.

There was no "change directory" mechanism in BIND 4, either.  What you
did--using multiple directory directives--was technically illegal, though it
happened to work roughly the way you wanted it to.  It's very doubtful it
will ever work that way again.

cricket

Acme Byte & Wire
cricket at acmebw.com
www.acmebw.com

Attend our next DNS and BIND class!  See
www.acmebw.com/training.htm for the
schedule and to register for upcoming
classes.