Problems with naming resolution

John Tan d_name at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 10 09:34:36 UTC 1999

Ok. Some of the hosts that I have trouble resolving include :

www6.internet.gov.sg.
maillist.internet.gov.sg.
www.env.gov.sg.

Some of them can be resolved but cannot be resolved at other sites.
(see below) At other times I can resolve it. IS this normal or a symptom of
some problem ? Appreciate if anyone
could help.

thanks

>www6.internet.gov.sg.
Server:  pridns.gov.sg
Address:  160.96.179.4

Name:    www6.internet.gov.sg
Address:  160.96.179.42

>server pridns.cyberway.com.sg.
Default Server:  pridns.cyberway.com.sg
Address:  203.116.1.78

>www6.internet.gov.sg.
Server:  pridns.cyberway.com.sg
Address:  203.116.1.78

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    www6.internet.gov.sg
Address:  160.96.179.42

>server pridns.pacific.net.sg.
Default Server:  pridns.pacific.net.sg
Address:  203.120.90.60

>www6.internet.gov.sg.
Server:  pridns.pacific.net.sg
Address:  203.120.90.60

*** No address (A) records available for www6.internet.gov.sg.
>server dnscache1.singnet.com.sg.
Default Server:  dnscache1.singnet.com.sg
Address:  165.21.83.88