zone setup at public dns (granitecanyon)

Josh Dolan jdolan at bigpond.com
Wed Jun 9 01:37:04 UTC 1999

In my opinion, don't use the Public DNS. It's free, but its not that good
quality of service. I've tried setting up a zone there and delegating it,
and have had just too many problems with it. For the last 1-2 weeks it
hasn't been applying the updates I give it. Try going to www.realdns.com ,
its got a nice little web
interface, and if you know anything about DNS RR's, you'll be set up in 2
minutes. It costs $2US/year, which is basically nothing. Free for first 3
months however.

cheers,
Josh

By the way, the public DNS news server hasn't been working for months.
news:0426f5741050869CPIMSSMTPU07 at email.msn.com...