DNS 8.1 files

Scolamiero, Joseph JScolamiero at MFS.com
Mon Jun 7 19:25:02 UTC 1999

Hello Out There,

		I recently upgraded BIND from 4.9.6 to 8.1.  After the
install I noticed that in my default directory (usr/local/domain) I had a
new directory called ns_ixfrdata.  It has directories under it that have the
same name as my zone files.  Example is that my main domain is mfs.hosts.
Under the ns_ixfrdata directory is another directory called mfs.hosts.  This
directory also has some files that end in "dat".  Any ideas????

		Thanks in advance...JOE